Skip to main content

News & Events

How to become a Registered Ministry

How to become a Registered Ministry

What is a Registered Ministry?
A Registered Ministry is a child care operated by a church or religious ministry that is a religious organization exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code.

To become an unlicensed registered child care ministry provider you must:

  • Attend orientation training session #1
    During this session you will receive information on the startup process. The training can be completed either in person or online. Contact your local child care resource and referral agency to sign up for this training or visit to register for the online session.

  • Attend orientation training session #2 in Indianapolis
    During this session you will receive information on the registration process. You can register online or call the registered child care ministry program at 317-233-5413. These sessions are held the first Wednesday of every month.

  • Send completed application packet to Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Fire and Building Safety Division.

  • Send completed application packet to Division of Family Resources (DFR)
    If private septic, you must obtain State Department of Health approval.

  • If private well, must obtain well water test and contact Indiana Department of Environmental Management drinking water branch.

  • Organization must submit copy of their 501(c)(3) IRS ruling as a church or religious organization and other documents as required to be eligible for exemption from child care center license requirements.
    Pass on-site inspections from DHS and DFR

  • Pass on-site inspection for Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) voucher program eligibility, if applicable.

  • Certificate of registration is issued.
© 2020 4C of Southern Indiana, Inc.

Powered by Firespring