Check out a few of the great tips from http://www.choosemyplate.gov/fruits-tips on creative ways to incorporative more fruits into the daily meals and snacks served in your childcare.
- Refrigerate cut-up fruit to store for later.
- Buy fresh fruits in season when they may be less expensive and at their peak flavor.
- Buy fruits that are dried, frozen, and canned (in water or 100% juice) as well as fresh, so that you always have a supply on hand.
- For fresh fruit salads, mix apples, bananas, or pears with acidic fruits like oranges, pineapple, or lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
For the Best Nutritional Value:
- Make the most of your choices by using whole or cut-up fruit rather than juice, for the benefits dietary fiber provides.
- Select fruits with more potassium often, such as bananas, prunes, dried peaches and apricots.
- Vary your fruit choices. Fruits differ in nutrient content.
To get the whole article and many more great ways to add fruits into the children’s
daily consumption, see more at: