Looking for career in child care or early education? Working in child care or daycare is a special job that requires understanding and caring people—does this sound like you?
Check back here frequently for child care or daycare jobs and employment throughout Southwestern Indiana. Child care employment is your chance to make a positive impact on a child’s life while making their parents’ lives easier. Let us help you find the child care employment that’s right for you.
All inquiries should be directed to the contact listed in the posting.
Are you an organization that would like to post your job openings on 4C's website? Click below to fill out the form.
Current Job Postings
Child Care Director
Church affiliated children's center serving ages 1-5, seeking an exceptional individual to provide leadership in administrative, personnel and educational areas. Experience in an early childhood setting required, with a degree in early childhood, education, or child development. Supervisory experience preferred.
The Director works closely with a board of directors and is responsible for the overall operation of the center in accordance with agency policies, state licensing, Paths to Quality and national accreditation requirements. Effective and professional communication skills, ability to work with government agencies requiring timely documentation, and ability to coordinate a developmentally appropriate program expected.
Interested applicants, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Fairlawn Children’s Center 2001 S. Parker Drive, Evansville, IN 47714
St. Matthew Child Care Ministry
401 Mulberry Street
Mt. Vernon, IN 47620
St. Matthew Child Care Ministry is a Level 3 preschool on the Paths to Quality scale. We are seeking a part-time preschool assistant to work with our 3, 4, and 5 year olds during the 2018-2019 school year. Applicant must be energetic, creative, patient, nurturing, work well with others, and enjoy working in a Christ-centered environment. Applicant must have a CDA or and Early Childhood Degree. Please send letter of interest and resume to Miss Vickie Wannemuehler, Principal at email@example.com or call (812) 838-3621.
St. Matthew Child Care Ministry
401 Mulberry Street
Mt. Vernon, IN 47620
St. Matthew Child Care MInistry is a Level 3 preschool on the Paths to Quality scale. We are seeking a part-time lead teacher for our 3, 4, and 5 year olds for the 2018-2019 school year. Responsibilities include planning lessons, instructing the children, supervising the children during center time, and communicating with parents. Applicant must be energetic, creative, patient, nurturing, work well with others, and enjoy working in a Christ-centered environment. Applicant must have a CDA or Early Childhood Degree. Experience working with children is preferred. Please send letter of interest and resume to Miss Vickie Wannemuehler, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (812) 838-3621.
Head Start-Center Aid-Petersburg
Full Time-37.5 hours per week-5 days per week-part year position
Responsibilities include providing assistance with all center operations, including classroom assistance, cleaning, meal distribution and special projects.
• CDA or High School Diploma or equivalent currently working towards CDA accepted
• Experience working with 3-5 year old children in a preschool setting preferred
Send resume to email@example.com or HR/TRI-CAP, PO Box 729, Jasper, IN 47547. See our website for more information, www.tri-cap.net/employment.
Evansville Day School
Junior Pre-Kindergarten Co-Teacher
Type: Full-Time Faculty (reports to the Head of Primary School)
Posted: April 30, 2018
Application Deadline: May 11, 2018 (preferred; position open until filled)
Start Date: August 1, 2018
Evansville Day School (EDS), in partnership with parents, offers a student-centered, college preparatory program supported by a challenging and comprehensive curriculum that encourages each student from Junior Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 to strive for excellence in mind, body, and human spirit. EDS was founded in 1946 and remains the only independent school in the Southwest Indiana (tri-state) region. The school enrolls approximately 310 students and boasts a 40 acre wooded campus, an impressively diverse student body, and 100% four-year college placement. The future is bright as EDS continues to innovate and provide a forward thinking college preparatory program for students.
As with all positions at Day School, teachers hold much more than a job. Educators enjoy the opportunity to be part of an intellectual, interesting, and supportive learning community with a myriad of ways to engage students, families, and colleagues as everyone participates in the life of the school. All Day School faculty and staff are asked to focus actions and decisions on what is best for the school and the students.
This position partners with the Jr. Pre-K co-teacher in delivering a premier, experiential-based program to Day School’s youngest students. A successful candidate manages the classroom effectively with compassion, energy, attention to detail, organization, and play and communicates effectively with colleagues, students, and families. This includes welcoming frequent parent interaction and regular feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Because Jr. Pre-Kindergarten is the largest entry point into Day School this position also includes partnering with the Admission Office in welcoming, evaluating, helping to enroll, and retaining prospective families.
This position is full day (approximately 7:40am-3:30pm) and includes after school meetings and activities as needed.
● Serve as Co-Teacher to approximately 18 Jr. Pre-Kindergarten students.
● Collaborate and communicate effectively with an experienced co-teacher.
● Build curriculum in collaboration with other Preschool teachers and school administrators.
● Intentionally establish a safe, positive, inclusive classroom environment using best practices in social-emotional development.
● Implement innovative methods to engage students and develop Day School’s Portrait of a Graduate attributes.
● Communicate regularly with parents and other stakeholders.
● Perform regular Preschool duties during meetings, snack, transitions, etc.
● Maintain confidentiality regarding students, parents, and staff.
● Pursue ongoing professional development.
● Maintain classroom budget.
● Participate in (or lead) faculty, divisional, and departmental meetings.
● Other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
● Bachelor’s (four-year) degree required; preferably in early childhood education
● Experience teaching Preschool age students.
● Innovative and flexible, and embraces Day School’s Portrait of a Graduate
● Excellent work ethic, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
● Ability to meet deadlines, balance competing priorities, and maintain a sense of humor.
● Appreciation for the unique character and special demands of working at an independent school.
● Passion for education and the EDS mission.
● All employees and volunteers must agree to a comprehensive background check.
● To apply send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Shannon Dierlam (Administrative Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Preschool Teacher” in the subject line.
Fairlawn Children's Center, a NAEYC Accredited and Paths to Quality Level 4 facility, is looking for high energy, experienced early childhood professionals to join our team. We are currently accepting resumes for a Teacher's Assistant to work with children 1-5 years of age. Hours for this position is 2:30-5:30pm.
Questions, please call (812) 477-4803.
To apply, please e-mail resume to email@example.com OR visit our website for an application: fairlawnchildrenscenter.weebly.com
Head Start Health & Safety Manager
Jasper, Petersburg or Boonville location
Full Time-Salaried/Exempt-5 day per week position.
Responsible for ensuring that the health, nutrition and safety requirements are met in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in public health, nursing, health education, or related field preferred.
• Preference given to experience and training in child growth and development, early childhood education, and family support and/or a health related field.
• Must obtain/maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
• Must obtain/maintain ServeSafe Certification or similar certification.
Send completed application/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR/TRI-CAP, PO Box 729, Jasper, IN 47547 to apply. Positions will be posted until filled. See our website for more information: www.tri-cap.net/employment/.
Oakhill Baptist Childcare is a Level 3 Paths to Quality Registered Ministry. We serve 60+ families for weekly care. We are currently searching for candidates to fill full time teacher assistant positions in our Infant Room and Two Year Old Room. Duties include but are not limited to loving interactions with children and their families, diapering, feeding, and some light cleaning. Experience working with children in required. Early Childhood Education is preferred. Salary starts at $8.00 per hour but will be based on education and experience.
If you are interested in applying, please call our stop by: Oakhill Baptist Childcare, 4615 Oak Hill Road, Evansville, IN 47711. (812)962-1548
A) BA/BS in Early Childhood Education, or BA/BS in Elementary Education or BA/BS in related field with CDA, and
B) 5 years experience in daycare teaching and/or administration
Principle Function: Serve as the executive operating officer of the MTCC ministry, working in collaboration with the MTCC Advisory Board, Director of Education, Business Manager, and Administrative Assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as immediate supervisor to Assistant Director and Business Manager
• Assign daily staffing of classrooms, schedule floats or secure substitutes in order to maintain appropriate student/teacher ratios at all times in collaboration with Assistant Director – covering classrooms when necessary
• Approve staff time off when in accordance with staffing needs.
• Provide at least annual written performance appraisals for teaching and non-teaching staff (kitchen, custodial, administrative assistant) in collaboration with other Administrative Staff.
• Maintain personnel policies, in collaboration with Assistant Director and Business Manager, to include job descriptions, compensation, resignations, terminations, benefits, and grievance procedures.
Assist Director of Education:
• Interview, hire, and fire teaching staff.
• Cultivate positive interpersonal relationships and actively promote morale and motivation among all staff.
• Arrange periodic in-service training and other professional development opportunities for teaching staff in collaboration with Assistant Director.
• Attend Methodist Temple staff meetings, at least monthly.
• Plan and conduct general staff meetings and maintain regular communication opportunities with administrative staff.
• Oversee developmentally appropriate program that is consistent with the philosophy, goals, and ministry of the Center.
• Assist in totaling work hours for staff with Business Manager
• Interview, hire, train, and supervise all non-teaching staff (kitchen, custodial, administrative assistant) in collaboration with Business Manager
• Review and evaluate facility activities to ensure conformance to state and local regulations.
• Lead staff toward maintaining accreditation.
• Maintain inventory of all center supplies necessary for center operation, including foods ordered from vendors (classroom supplies & furnishings, diapers, formula, bread, laundry & paper products)
• Determine most economical sources, purchase all supplies on regular schedule & distribute as needed.
• Attend front desk, as necessary.
Marketing & constituent Services:
• Conduct tours of all facility for potential families
• Meet with new families to become acquainted
• Arrange medical attention for ill or injured children, in accordance with Center policies and parental instructions
• Assure that parents stay informed of policy changes and other general happenings of the Center.
• Aggressively promote a profession, strong, visible, caring “constituent service” attitude among all Center staff
• Actively foster staff collegiality, morale, motivation, and responsiveness to concerns and interests of families served
• Keep parent handbook revised and up to date
• Keep staff handbook revised and up to date
Visioning, Strategic Planning and Development:
• Assure systematic visioning and planning that keeps the Center on the cutting edge of standards for maximizing quality of care and services provided
• Work with the MTCC Advisory Board to develop an annual fundraising goal, and work to achieve that goal through innovative fundraising
MTCC Advisory Board:
• Foster collaborative, synergistic working relationships with the MTCC Board
• Attend all MTCC board meetings
• Work with Board Chairperson to prepare meeting agendas
• Collaborate with Board to establish annual operating budget and report financial status at monthly Board meetings
• Prepare necessary handouts and report on Center progress at Board meetings
• Appoint Center staff members to serve on Board
• Work closely with Advisory Board to identify problems and opportunities for Center, and invite board to become involved in Center projects and activities
• Engage Board in visioning and long range planning
Resumes may be submitted in person at Methodist Temple Children's Center or submitted via e-mail to myself at EL37@evansville.edu
Caring Friends Daycare Ministry is hiring full time summer teacher to work with schoolagers in summer camp ages 6 years old to 10 years in a Christian based Level 3 Paths to Quality early childhood program that has been providing quality care since 1991. Ideal applicant will have a degree or actively working towards a degree in elementary education or early childhood, experience working with children, caring, dependable, organized, and team player. Can also be part-time work available after summer if interested. Benefits include competitive hourly pay,paid holidays, paid planning time, paid training, Aflac insurance, and 50% off membership to Profile by Sanford Health Management Program. Qualified applicant can apply online at indeed.com, email resume with professional references to email@example.com, or apply in person M-F 830am to 1130am.
Want to submit a help wanted posting? Our Career Bulletin Board is a 4C membership benefit. Postings are submitted by 4C members and shared here for 30 days. 4C members may submit postings free of charge. Not a member? Join here!