Looking for career in child care or early education? Working in child care or daycare is a special job that requires understanding and caring people—does this sound like you?
Check back here frequently for child care or daycare jobs and employment throughout Southwestern Indiana. Child care employment is your chance to make a positive impact on a child’s life while making their parents’ lives easier. Let us help you find the child care employment that’s right for you.
All inquiries should be directed to the contact listed in the posting.
Are you an organization that would like to post your job openings on 4C's website? Click below to fill out the form.
Current Job Postings
Head Start Health & Safety Manager
Jasper, Petersburg or Boonville location
Full Time-Salaried/Exempt-5 day per week position.
Responsible for ensuring that the health, nutrition and safety requirements are met in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in public health, nursing, health education, or related field preferred.
• Preference given to experience and training in child growth and development, early childhood education, and family support and/or a health related field.
• Must obtain/maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
• Must obtain/maintain ServeSafe Certification or similar certification.
Send completed application/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR/TRI-CAP, PO Box 729, Jasper, IN 47547 to apply. Positions will be posted until filled. See our website for more information: www.tri-cap.net/employment/.
Oakhill Baptist Childcare is a Level 3 Paths to Quality Registered Ministry. We serve 60+ families for weekly care. We are currently searching for candidates to fill full time teacher assistant positions in our Infant Room and Two Year Old Room. Duties include but are not limited to loving interactions with children and their families, diapering, feeding, and some light cleaning. Experience working with children in required. Early Childhood Education is preferred. Salary starts at $8.00 per hour but will be based on education and experience.
If you are interested in applying, please call our stop by: Oakhill Baptist Childcare, 4615 Oak Hill Road, Evansville, IN 47711. (812)962-1548
A) BA/BS in Early Childhood Education, or BA/BS in Elementary Education or BA/BS in related field with CDA, and
B) 5 years experience in daycare teaching and/or administration
Principle Function: Serve as the executive operating officer of the MTCC ministry, working in collaboration with the MTCC Advisory Board, Director of Education, Business Manager, and Administrative Assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as immediate supervisor to Assistant Director and Business Manager
• Assign daily staffing of classrooms, schedule floats or secure substitutes in order to maintain appropriate student/teacher ratios at all times in collaboration with Assistant Director – covering classrooms when necessary
• Approve staff time off when in accordance with staffing needs.
• Provide at least annual written performance appraisals for teaching and non-teaching staff (kitchen, custodial, administrative assistant) in collaboration with other Administrative Staff.
• Maintain personnel policies, in collaboration with Assistant Director and Business Manager, to include job descriptions, compensation, resignations, terminations, benefits, and grievance procedures.
Assist Director of Education:
• Interview, hire, and fire teaching staff.
• Cultivate positive interpersonal relationships and actively promote morale and motivation among all staff.
• Arrange periodic in-service training and other professional development opportunities for teaching staff in collaboration with Assistant Director.
• Attend Methodist Temple staff meetings, at least monthly.
• Plan and conduct general staff meetings and maintain regular communication opportunities with administrative staff.
• Oversee developmentally appropriate program that is consistent with the philosophy, goals, and ministry of the Center.
• Assist in totaling work hours for staff with Business Manager
• Interview, hire, train, and supervise all non-teaching staff (kitchen, custodial, administrative assistant) in collaboration with Business Manager
• Review and evaluate facility activities to ensure conformance to state and local regulations.
• Lead staff toward maintaining accreditation.
• Maintain inventory of all center supplies necessary for center operation, including foods ordered from vendors (classroom supplies & furnishings, diapers, formula, bread, laundry & paper products)
• Determine most economical sources, purchase all supplies on regular schedule & distribute as needed.
• Attend front desk, as necessary.
Marketing & constituent Services:
• Conduct tours of all facility for potential families
• Meet with new families to become acquainted
• Arrange medical attention for ill or injured children, in accordance with Center policies and parental instructions
• Assure that parents stay informed of policy changes and other general happenings of the Center.
• Aggressively promote a profession, strong, visible, caring “constituent service” attitude among all Center staff
• Actively foster staff collegiality, morale, motivation, and responsiveness to concerns and interests of families served
• Keep parent handbook revised and up to date
• Keep staff handbook revised and up to date
Visioning, Strategic Planning and Development:
• Assure systematic visioning and planning that keeps the Center on the cutting edge of standards for maximizing quality of care and services provided
• Work with the MTCC Advisory Board to develop an annual fundraising goal, and work to achieve that goal through innovative fundraising
MTCC Advisory Board:
• Foster collaborative, synergistic working relationships with the MTCC Board
• Attend all MTCC board meetings
• Work with Board Chairperson to prepare meeting agendas
• Collaborate with Board to establish annual operating budget and report financial status at monthly Board meetings
• Prepare necessary handouts and report on Center progress at Board meetings
• Appoint Center staff members to serve on Board
• Work closely with Advisory Board to identify problems and opportunities for Center, and invite board to become involved in Center projects and activities
• Engage Board in visioning and long range planning
Resumes may be submitted in person at Methodist Temple Children's Center or submitted via e-mail to myself at EL37@evansville.edu
Caring Friends Daycare Ministry is hiring full time summer teacher to work with schoolagers in summer camp ages 6 years old to 10 years in a Christian based Level 3 Paths to Quality early childhood program that has been providing quality care since 1991. Ideal applicant will have a degree or actively working towards a degree in elementary education or early childhood, experience working with children, caring, dependable, organized, and team player. Can also be part-time work available after summer if interested. Benefits include competitive hourly pay,paid holidays, paid planning time, paid training, Aflac insurance, and 50% off membership to Profile by Sanford Health Management Program. Qualified applicant can apply online at indeed.com, email resume with professional references to email@example.com, or apply in person M-F 830am to 1130am.
Caring Friends Daycare Ministry is hiring for fulltime teacher assistant to work with preschool children ages 3 to 5 years old in a Christian based Level 3 Paths to Quality early childhood program. Ideal applicant has a CDA or actively working towards a degree in early childhood education, experience working with preschool age children in educational setting, dependable, organized, caring, and team player. Benefits include competitive pay, paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, paid planning time, paid training time, Aflac insurance, and 50% off membership to Profile Health Management Program. Qualified applicants can apply online at indeed.com, submit resume with professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org , or apply in person M-F 830amto 1130am.
Fairlawn Children's Center, a NAEYC Accredited and Paths to Quality Level 4 facility, is looking for high energy, experienced early childhood professionals to join our team. We are currently accepting resumes for a Teacher and a Teacher's Assistant to work with children 1-5 years of age. Both positions are full-time. We are also hiring a part-time Teacher's Assistant to work 2:30-5:30pm.
Questions, please call (812) 477-4803. To apply, please e-mail resume to email@example.com
Center Aid-Head Start-Petersburg
Full Time-37.5 hours per week-5 days per week-part year position
Responsibilities include providing assistance with all center operations, including classroom assistance, cleaning, meal distribution and special projects.
• CDA or High School Diploma or equivalent currently working towards CDA accepted
• Experience working with 3-5 year old children in a preschool setting preferred
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. See our website for more information, www.tri-cap.net/employment.
Teacher Assistant-Head Start-Tennyson
Full Time-37.5 hours per week-5 days per week-part year position
Responsibilities include working as a member of the teaching team to plan and implement activities in the Head Start classroom.
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
• CDA accepted or High School Diploma or equivalent currently working towards CDA accepted
• Experience working with 3-5 year old children in a preschool setting required
High Point Child Care Learning Center is now hiring several Co-Teachers for our 1, 2, and 3-year-old classrooms for full-time employment for our Evansville child care center. Our ideal candidate has some education in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. Job responsibilities include serving all enrolled children’s primary care needs, including but not limited to teaching from approved lesson plans, creating lesson plans, maintaining age-appropriate room environments, maintaining safety regulations, diaper changing, and food service. We are an Indiana State-licensed center serving Evansville for full-day child care needs (6:30 am - 5:30 pm), and we strive for the highest standards in continuing education, professionalism & service. We offer competitive wages in the industry, paid holidays, Paid Time Off after 1 year's employment, and dental/supplemental insurance; no major medical is offered at this time. If you are looking for a child care teaching position, we would love to speak with you about employment here as part of the High Point family. If interested, contact Terri Swain at 812-425-8687.
High Point Child Care Learning Center is seeking a highly motivated individual who can run a single-member kitchen for a busy child care center serving approximately 100-120 children. Responsibilities include all cooking, dish washing, maintaining proper sanitation procedures, recording temps, etc. Ideal candidate will have at least one year's previous kitchen experience plus Safe Food Handlers training or Serv Safe Certification; however, certification is not required. Child care cooking experience ideal. Must be able to pass a 10-year criminal background check by fingerprinting, a drug screen, TB test and physical to qualify. If interested, contact Tracy Reynolds at 812-425-8687.
Want to submit a help wanted posting? Our Career Bulletin Board is a 4C membership benefit. Postings are submitted by 4C members and shared here for 30 days. 4C members may submit postings free of charge. Not a member? Join here!