Looking for career in child care or early education? Working in child care or daycare is a special job that requires understanding and caring people—does this sound like you?
Check back here frequently for child care or daycare jobs and employment throughout Southwestern Indiana. Child care employment is your chance to make a positive impact on a child’s life while making their parents’ lives easier. Let us help you find the child care employment that’s right for you.
All inquiries should be directed to the contact listed in the posting.
Are you an organization that would like to post your job openings on 4C's website? Click below to fill out the form.
Current Job Postings
Head Start Health & Safety Manager
Jasper, Petersburg or Boonville location
Full Time-Salaried/Exempt-5 day per week position.
Responsible for ensuring that the health, nutrition and safety requirements are met in accordance with the Head Start Performance Standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in public health, nursing, health education, or related field required.
• Experience and training required in areas that include child growth and development, early childhood education, and family support and/or a health related field.
• Must obtain/maintain certification in CPR and First Aid.
• Must obtain/maintain ServeSafe Certification or similar certification.
• Strong computer/communication skills
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to HR/TRI-CAP, PO Box 729, Jasper IN47547-0729.
Bethany Little Disciples has a job opening for an Afternoon Float Teacher Hours are 2:30-5:30 M-F Desired candidates must be 21 y/o & have a high school diploma.
Responsibilities include serving snack & planning fun activities for children ages 2-5.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
Help Wanted Posting Teacher Assistant-Head Start-Boonville-Full Time-37.5 hours per week-5 days per week-part year position
Responsibilities include working as a member of the teaching team to plan and implement activities in the Head Start classroom.
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
• CDA accepted or High School Diploma or equivalent currently working towards CDA accepted
• Experience working with 3-5 year old children in a preschool setting required
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or TRI-CAP/HR, PO Box 729, Jasper, IN 47547.
Position will be posted until filled. See our website for more information: www.tri-cap.net/employment/.
We are searching for a full-time childcare director for a new start-up at The Well on Evansville’s Northside. We have a tentative open date in January 2018. We are looking for a motivated person with strong organizational, leadership, and personal relation skills. The candidate must hold a degree in Early Child or Elementary Education.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee the day-to-day operations: adhering to church guidelines, licensing requirements, health regulations, and fire codes.
• Oversee communication with prospective and current parents
• Recruit, train and retain quality daycare staff. Oversee staff scheduling and other personnel-related matters.
• Manage the finances of the daycare effectively and within budgetary guidelines. Ensure all finance-related record keeping requirements are met.
• Oversee curriculum development
• Manage Children’s ministry volunteer staff
• Degree in Early Child or Elementary Education
• Experience in early childhood education
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills
• Strong customer service skills (both written and oral)
• Proficient in office software
• Experience with budgeting
• Agree to a comprehensive background check.
• To apply send a cover letter, resume, and references to Mark Hurt at: email@example.com
Type: Long-Term Substitute (8-10 weeks; reports to the Head of Primary School)
Posted: September 22, 2017
Application Deadline: October 20, 2017 (preferred; position open until filled)
Start Date: approximately January 15, 2018
Note: position may start sooner as half-day Assistant Teacher due to increased enrollment
Evansville Day School (EDS), in partnership with parents, offers a student-centered, college preparatory program supported by a challenging and comprehensive curriculum that encourages each student from Junior Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 to strive for excellence in mind, body, and human spirit. EDS was founded in 1946 and remains the only independent school in the Southwest Indiana (tri-state) region. The school enrolls approximately 300 students and boasts a 40 acre wooded campus, an impressively diverse student body, and 100% four-year college placement.
As with all positions at Day School, teachers hold much more than a job. Educators enjoy the opportunity to be part of an intellectual, interesting, and supportive learning community with a myriad of ways to engage students, families, and colleagues as everyone participates in the life of the school. All Day School faculty and staff are asked to focus actions and decisions on what is best for the school and the students.
This position works with the Jr. Pre-K lead teacher in delivering a premier, experiential-based program to Day School’s youngest students. A successful assistant teacher manages the classroom effectively with compassion, energy, attention to detail, organization, and play and communicates effectively with colleagues, students, and families.
This position is full day (7:40am-3:15pm) and includes after school meetings and activities as needed.
• Serve as Co-Teacher to approximately 18 Jr. Pre-Kindergarten students.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with the lead teacher.
• Model, uphold, and reinforce positive, appropriate behavior with students.
• Perform regular Preschool duties during meetings, snack, transitions, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding students, parents, and staff.
• Protect and enhance the physical well being of students.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
• Associate’s Degree required; four-year degree preferred. Coursework in early childhood education a plus.
• Experience teaching Preschool age students.
• Excellent work ethic, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
• Passion for education and the EDS mission.
• All employees and volunteers must agree to a comprehensive background check.
• To apply send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Shannon Dierlam (Administrative Assistant) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Jr. Pre-K Maternity Leave position” in the subject line.
Oakhill Baptist Childcare is looking for Part-Time Afternoon Teacher Assistants. Applicant must have experience working with children, and Early Childhood Education is preferred. Job duties include but are not limited to loving interactions with children, communication with families, and light cleaning. Pay is based on education and experience. Send resume to: email@example.com.
We are accepting applications for a teacher/caregiver to join our preschool team.
Children are between the ages of 30 months - 5 years
Teachers are responsible for creating and implementing weekly lesson plans that follow creative curriculum guidelines in a loving Christian environment.
Teachers should hold or be willing to work towards either a CDA or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
Please email resume' or apply at the church
2300 Washington Ave
Evansville IN 47714
Job Type: Part-time 30-37.5 hours per week
Salary: Competitive pay, paid holidays and vacations
Want to submit a help wanted posting? Our Career Bulletin Board is a 4C membership benefit. Postings are submitted by 4C members and shared here for 30 days. 4C members may submit postings free of charge. Not a member? Join here!