A) BA/BS in Early Childhood Education, or BA/BS in Elementary Education or BA/BS in related field with CDA, and
B) 5 years experience in daycare teaching and/or administration
Principle Function: Serve as the executive operating officer of the MTCC ministry, working in collaboration with the MTCC Advisory Board, Director of Education, Business Manager, and Administrative Assistant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serve as immediate supervisor to Assistant Director and Business Manager
• Assign daily staffing of classrooms, schedule floats or secure substitutes in order to maintain appropriate student/teacher ratios at all times in collaboration with Assistant Director – covering classrooms when necessary
• Approve staff time off when in accordance with staffing needs.
• Provide at least annual written performance appraisals for teaching and non-teaching staff (kitchen, custodial, administrative assistant) in collaboration with other Administrative Staff.
• Maintain personnel policies, in collaboration with Assistant Director and Business Manager, to include job descriptions, compensation, resignations, terminations, benefits, and grievance procedures.
Assist Director of Education:
• Interview, hire, and fire teaching staff.
• Cultivate positive interpersonal relationships and actively promote morale and motivation among all staff.
• Arrange periodic in-service training and other professional development opportunities for teaching staff in collaboration with Assistant Director.
• Attend Methodist Temple staff meetings, at least monthly.
• Plan and conduct general staff meetings and maintain regular communication opportunities with administrative staff.
• Oversee developmentally appropriate program that is consistent with the philosophy, goals, and ministry of the Center.
• Assist in totaling work hours for staff with Business Manager
• Interview, hire, train, and supervise all non-teaching staff (kitchen, custodial, administrative assistant) in collaboration with Business Manager
• Review and evaluate facility activities to ensure conformance to state and local regulations.
• Lead staff toward maintaining accreditation.
• Maintain inventory of all center supplies necessary for center operation, including foods ordered from vendors (classroom supplies & furnishings, diapers, formula, bread, laundry & paper products)
• Determine most economical sources, purchase all supplies on regular schedule & distribute as needed.
• Attend front desk, as necessary.
Marketing & constituent Services:
• Conduct tours of all facility for potential families
• Meet with new families to become acquainted
• Arrange medical attention for ill or injured children, in accordance with Center policies and parental instructions
• Assure that parents stay informed of policy changes and other general happenings of the Center.
• Aggressively promote a profession, strong, visible, caring “constituent service” attitude among all Center staff
• Actively foster staff collegiality, morale, motivation, and responsiveness to concerns and interests of families served
• Keep parent handbook revised and up to date
• Keep staff handbook revised and up to date
Visioning, Strategic Planning and Development:
• Assure systematic visioning and planning that keeps the Center on the cutting edge of standards for maximizing quality of care and services provided
• Work with the MTCC Advisory Board to develop an annual fundraising goal, and work to achieve that goal through innovative fundraising
MTCC Advisory Board:
• Foster collaborative, synergistic working relationships with the MTCC Board
• Attend all MTCC board meetings
• Work with Board Chairperson to prepare meeting agendas
• Collaborate with Board to establish annual operating budget and report financial status at monthly Board meetings
• Prepare necessary handouts and report on Center progress at Board meetings
• Appoint Center staff members to serve on Board
• Work closely with Advisory Board to identify problems and opportunities for Center, and invite board to become involved in Center projects and activities
• Engage Board in visioning and long range planning
Resumes may be submitted in person at Methodist Temple Children's Center or submitted via e-mail to myself at EL37@evansville.edu